Parish Pastoral Council (PPC)
The Parish Pastoral Council exercises a ministry of ‘servant leadership’ for the Parish community to live out its calling. The Parish Priest in his specific leadership role, other appointed participants, and members called from among the Parish community into collaboration for the building up of the community, express this servant leadership by:
- Articulating the mission of St Emilie’s community within and in union with the mission of the whole Church
- Planning for the realisation of the mission to the world around us
- Enable the joyful participation of all St Emilie’s community in celebrating the whole of life as a worshipping community
- Exercise stewardship of the resources of St Emilie’s Parish
- Engage in continuing formation and renewal of the Gospel of Jesus Christ//p/3+, the life of the Church, and our own ministry of leadership
- Be responsible to St Emilie’s community and through our Parish Priest to the Bishop of Perth Diocese around whom St Emilie’s Church gathers.
Membership is for a term of two years with a maximum of three terms. Elections are held every year at the Parish Pastoral Council Annual General Meeting for positions on the Parish Pastoral Council. Our PPC guidelines allow for up to 15 members. The PPC meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month.